Saturday, June 4, 2011

Work, work, more work and play :)

Allright, well I figured that basically most of my weeks are going to be the same between work and play so I really wont have that many new things to talk about. But I will try my best to give every detail :) So basically...my life is just so wonderful it is like a dream. I absolutely love my job. I really like working with all of the guests and I work with pretty darn cool people. Even my bosses are super nice and very "disney" haha. This past week I had only been working with older people (because that is mostly everyone who works there) but...now there are more college kids working and so far, I have met two of them, RJ and Eunice. Coincidentally, Eunice is my neighbor! She lives literally across the hall. It is awesome! She is from Hong Kong too so she speaks Chinese :) haha anyways...I have met a lot of cool people otherwise as well. I really like the Lake Buena Vista YSA ward that I am in. Everyone is super nice, and very welcoming and it has only been two weeks! So these six months ought to be quite a wonderful experience!

Just to ensure that my life is not all happiness and bubbles...I do want to say that there are some bad parts about working here. Number one is the ridiculous bus system. Buses to where I work take about an hour to get there and 40 minutes to get home. When I have to open in the morning and get there at 7:30am...I have to leave my apartment at 6:30 to get there in time. Also, keep in mind that buses dont run when you would like them to. Yesterday for example, because of the bus, I either had to be at work 45 minutes early, or be 5 minutes late. It was dumb. Also, one of the shifts I had this past week was something. I had to close the shop, so I got off at midnite, after an 8.5 hr shift, got home around 1am, went to sleep at about 1:45 and had to wake up at 6:00 to open the next morning to work another 8.5 hr shift. Needless to say, I was pretty darn exhausted.

Other than that however, everything about Disney so far is awesome in every way shape and form! I still have not been to EPCOT yet so I will probably be doing that this week! I did however go to one of the water parks owned by Disney called Blizzard Beach. It is super cool and I highly recommend it to anyone planning to visit Disney World. It has the tallest waterslide in the US. I didnt go on it. I was much too scared haha. But they have sooooo many water  slides and the theme is like the name. It is literally a "beach" having a "blizzard" There are snowmen and icicles everywhere, not to mention of course hidden mickeys! It was fun. Unfortunately, in the summer it gets super busy because it is so hot and we can only get in for free to the water parks until June 12th :( Then it becomes 50% off.....which is $25 haha......not happening. :) 

I have still not had the chance to get a picture of myself in my costume, I will do that soon and post it because both of my costumes that I wear are just so.....cute! :/ We will be getting a roomie costume picture soon. Speaking of roomies, I really just love them! We get along really well and don't get on each other's nerves too much because we have such varied schedules! It works out well. Kelly, Bethany and I get along really, really well which I am happy about :)  

                                               This is Kelly and her boyfriend Michael :)

         Bethy, Kelly and I had a fun little adventure at Animal Kingdom where we waited in line for Kali River Rapids for 80 minutes because we were so freaking hot! Below is me.....attempting to cool off in a random little fountain. haha


                        Bethy wishes she was Belle. So she bought a little girls Belle dress.
                                             Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom!!!
                                                    Bethy and I at Magic Kingdom!
Anyways, I dont have too many pictures to post because I havnt taken a lot but here are some anyway from more of my adventures. Peace! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment