Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Deployment, Birthday and Festivities!

Well, I have been so busy lately that I have not really had the time to catch up with my blog! My bad...
So....that being said, loads of exciting things have happened! :) I am going to try going in order.
First off, I have been making lots of new, wonderful friends and meeting tons of new people! Its a bit hard to keep track honestly...haha but it is great!
Ok...well I went to Epcot last month with my roommates Amber and Bethany and one of my neighbor's (from Scotland!) Rachel. It was lovely! We got there kind of late so we rode a couple of rides and then decided to eat at a German buffet (which cost waaaaaaay too much) but...it was worth it! Great food and beautiful German Waiters :) After dinner, the park was closed but we decided to wander around the countries anyway. It was awesome because the park was absolutely, completely deserted! We had loads of fun. Here are some pictures.



       Yes. I tried everything there was to try. Including Schnitzel with noodles! Just like Maria Von-Trap!
               We shared a table with this adorable little family. I couldnt finish my drink...so they finished it :)
 Ok....so this janitor was just about the most awkward person ever. And when I say that...I mean it. He was               super awkward and we found it hilarious! So we decided to get a picture with him! :)
                    This beautiful man is Hanz. He was our waiter. We all gave him a big tip. Haha :)
                  This was Bob! He was a kindly old gentlemen we met on our travels through the countries.
                   This is bethany, showing me how to whiz on a fire hydrant in England :)
                                                           Bethy and I...in Paris :)

Basically, that trip was awesome! I have gone back a couple times since but that was definitely the most memorable so far. So...the next big event that happened was Princess Auditions! All of the roommates coincidentally had off the day of, so we decided to go! Basically, we waited in line, met some people, sang disney songs, signed in, stood in a room, got looked at for 30 seconds, then sent away. They know what they are looking for and none of us were it :(  Haha but its ok! It was a fun experience. 
                                          This is all of us in our Princess best. :)

After we all got rejected, we went to the beach to celebrate! We all got ridiculously burnt but it was so much fun and definitely worth it. The water here (we went to Cocoa Beach) is INCREDIBLE. It is super warm, the sand is perfect and aside from being the most popular place for sharks to be with the most recorded deaths, it is an amazing beach! Here are some pictures from the Beach :)
                                          Roomies at the beach!
                                          Kelly and I learned how to surf! Together. Holler! :)
                                          looooove these girls :)

Allright...lets see what was next in line...well. Besides work, I had my birthday!!! It was good :) It started off with sleeping in. Then, I went to a retirement party at the place where I work (an old lady was retiring and there was free food haha) I came home, went shopping with my neighbor/coworker/good friend at the outlets, came home and went to dinner! It was good. We went to Downtown Disney, bought Harry Potter tickets and finished off with sushi at a restaurant. When I came home, my neighbors brought me a cake!!! It was super nice of them. I would just like to say thank you so much to everyone who contributed with my birthday, it was great :) Aaaaaaand...now im 20! Wierd.

Anyways...I have also been working. A ton! I just had to say the fun stuff first :) Ok....so I was deployed (yes that is a military term. Haha it means I was sent to another place to work for a bit) to the All Star Resorts here at Disney. It was actually really fun! I met a ton of cool people, both coworkers and guests! I even met a family who decided to adopt me! They were so sweet and they totally want me to visit them in Michigan! I looooooove working here. I just love making all the children feel super special and feel the incredible magic Disney exudes! And Im not exaggerating at all! It is seriously amazing.

I also picked up a shift at Animal Kingdom Lodge. This was my fantastic costume there :)
                               And this is Kelly's costume at Pop Century Resort!

(I will get more pictures of my other costumes soon. This was definitely my favorite so far though)

To top off June, it has been amazing in other ways as well. I have been to 5 baptisms this month! This ward is amazing and I love it! It is so wonderful seeing these people so incredibly happy to have the Gospel in their lives! Hearing their testimonies is also incredible and very faith inspiring. I love how much happiness the Gospel gives me and I am so glad that I have it in my life. :)

So basically...this has been my life for the past month...give or take a couple of things. I will try to keep up more frequently! Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment