Monday, May 9, 2011

My Adventures are about to begin!

Well, as many people know, I was accepted into the Disney College program at DisneyWorld in Orlando Florida! I am beyond excited. I begin work there on May 18th. It cannot come soon enough! In the meantime...waiting to leave, I have been living with my mom and step-dad in Phoenix, AZ. It is so ridiculously hot, I have been just DYING of heat exhaustion. Ok...well that is a bit of an exageration....but seriously, last week it got over 100 degrees! After living through a winter in Idaho where it got as low as -20 degrees, this has been quite the change.

This is my wonderful Grandpa, wearing his bib :)

   However, although my time here has been super relaxing, lounging by the pool, watching tv, visiting my grandparents, making a blog (haha) and experiencing new things like celebrating passover and going to synogogue with my grandparents, I am definitely ready to get out of here. So, tomorrow morning, tuesday the 10th at 6am, I am leaving Arizona and flying away to Philadelphia to visit another set of grandparents in Pennsylvania! I have not seen them for about 5 years so I am super excited for that as well! Then, I get to go visit my Uncle who lives in New Jersey and his wife (who I have never met) and my brand new baby cousin Alyssa! And...to top it all off, After spending a week in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, I am flying to Tampa, Florida where I will get to see my other set of grandparents for a couple of days then drive on down to Orlando to the happiest place on earth!!!
   After sitting in AZ for three weeks, not knowing anyone and having nothing whatsoever to do, I think it is probably pretty obvious how excited I am! Ok...well in honor of of my grandparents, I did forget to leave out some pretty awesome places we visited such as the Musical Instrument Museum ( the biggest in the World). It was soooooo cool! They had almost every instrument from every country in the world including exhibits to go along with them. AND they had a room where you could play some of these instruments!!!
These are some gigantic gongs :)
This is me with a statue of some African tribal costume!
It was such a cool place! Also, they had an epic gift shop with world music, a bunch of instruments, and cooking utensils in the shape of instruments! They had a spatula...that was a guitar! haha...and a ton of other cool stuff as well. I highly recommend that if anyone is ever in Arizona...that they visit it cause its waaaaay cool! 
We also went up to Prescott for mother's day to my grandparents home they live in during the summer. We went to this cool art fair thing in the little town and had a lovely evening eating some delicious ribs that my grandpa cooked and some delicious potatoes and veggies that my grandma cooked. It was a good day. 
  In honor of mother's day, I just want to say how incredibly grateful I am for my mother and all of my "second" mother's and my grandmothers and say that all of you are wonderful and amazing and I would not be who I am without you. Also...mom...if it werent for you, I wouldnt be here. So thank you! :) 

 Anways..I am just so darn blessed to have this amazing opportunity to see family I havnt seen in years, and get to work in the most wonderful place in the world! (Aside from the temple of course) haha. I love my life and I could not, at this moment ask for more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment