Friday, May 13, 2011

New York City!

Oh my goodness...New York City is Amazing!!!! I absolutely love it! I had the opportunity yesterday to wander the city by myself from about 8am to 5pm. I took my sweet time, wandering in and out of stores and just enjoying everything. I didnt take very many pictures because my camera was dead...so the ones I took are from my cell phone which are not particularly good...but oh well!
 So...I got up at 6:15am to catch the train ride to the city with my uncle and when we got there...we had some bagels and then headed our separate ways. I really had no idea where I was going....but throughout the day I visited probably over 50 stores getting a typical I <3 NY t-shirt (lime green) and two other shirts. Also...I came across a jewelry store that had every piece of jewelry for $2.99! And they had so. many. rings.
All of those are rings!

So anyways...i got some rings and some earrings too. I think that the best store I visited (which I remember visiting about 10 years ago when I was there) was the M&M store in Time Square. It is four levels of M&M's and merchandise and everything having to do with M&M's. It was awesome. Also...I hugged a giant yellow M&M and elmo outside the store! Haha. Anyways....I also visited the little "tour of broadway" exhibit that they have in time square and they had a couple of outfits that the original cast members wore when the shows first opened including the outfit that Idina Menzel wore playing Maureen, in RENT!
Yessssss :)

At some point I also visited Saks, 5th Avenue because I wanted to experience some of my Millie days! Haha

There were several stores I went into that had ridiculously nice, and ridiculously expensive clothing that I tried on just for kicks. A couple dresses were around $500. Haha...if only... I also visited Macy's which has 12 levels! It was GIGANTIC! but really cool. And inside they had this sign...
It's the middle of May....haha

Anyways, those are the majority of my adventures in NYC. Lot's of people tried to sell me stuff, I got hit on several times but all in all, it was a great day and a great experience! I really am excited to go back sometime soon!
In other news...I am having a good time with my aunt, uncle and baby cousin Alyssa. She is sooooooooo  cute! And it is just incredible at how little of a human being she is! Her eyes are just so full of wonder and curiosity and it is marvelous. 

                                        
Alyssa Rachel Lehrer

Well...that is all for now! Tomorrow it is back to Pennsylvania for a day then off to Tampa to see my Grandma and Grandpa Ali! It wont be long before I am in Disney World!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment